- Floor cleaner is a solution of 1/2 cup of white vinegar in 1 gallon of warm water. Damp mop with a mop squeezed nearly dry. It is safer to mist the mop with the cleaner than to apply to floor. Do a section at a time and throw an old towel on the floor and scoot back and forth with foot to dry and prevent streaks. Standing liquid from mopping, spills, and pet accidents can damage floors.
- The greatest damage done to wood floors is from grit. Mats at doors are necessary to collect grit and it’s important to keep them clean. Frequent dust mopping in high traffic areas to collect grit is the best prevention. This should be done based on the amount of traffic, which may require dust mopping several times a day in an active household. The brush attachment of a vacuum can be used (no beater bars). Felt and furniture protectors should be installed on furniture. Never scoot furniture on wood.
- Put a piece of waxed paper under your dust mop. Dirt will stick to the mop and the wax will shine your floors.
- Sweep then damp mop using a gallon of water and a dash of dish-washing detergent.
- No-wax floors eventually need waxing, this will help to prevent further deterioration.
- To clean dry spots, loosen soil and vacuum away prior to moistening it.
- When taking out stains, always use a white cloth.
- Wax dropped on carpet or upholstery? Set a clean, absorbent cloth over the wax stain and hold a hot iron on it. Then remove the cloth.
- Coat mildly greasy stains with aerosol shaving cream, use a hair dryer to speed dry. Then vacuum.
- Sprinkle a greasy stain with baking soda, cornstarch or talcum powder. Leave on at least 8 hours , then vacuum.
CUSTOMIZED JANITORIAL CLEANING SERVICES. We deliver exactly what you want & need for your business. Let us develop an office cleaning service plan specifically for your business & budget needs. Frisco Brother’s Janitorial also has a Medical Services division that can provide custom cleaning for medical office building cleaning.
Our clients depend on us for facilities services such as janitorial and porter services, commercial cleaning, surface polishing, custodial, building cleaning And we even office a separate division for residential & maid services. We cover all of Frisco & Collin County areas like Plano, McKinney, Little Elm, Carrollton, Allen, The Colony, Prosper, and Celina, for commercial cleaning, janitorial services, office cleaning services, medical office cleaning and residential cleaning, there is no better choice.